On June 30, 2019, after three years of funding, Adirondack Harvest completed work on its Department of Environmental Conservation Adirondack Smart Growth Grant. This grant was awarded at a critical moment in our organizational evolution as we were desperately needing a new website with an overall fresh take on our branding.
What did we accomplish?
- Created, designed and migrated to a new Adirondack Harvest website with upgraded features and mobile device capabilities. New icons were added to locate the forestry product members. This website has been tested for accessibility compliance standards.
- Hired a temporary coordinator to reach out to new members.
- Held a website launch event at the Deer’s Head Inn.
- Attracted & retained 103 new AH members.
- Attracted & retained 28 new forestry product members located within or using wood harvested within the Adirondack Park.
- Completely revamped and distributed the Essex County local food/product guide annually for three years.
- Completed a media campaign to promote the new website and our new forestry businesses.
- Created promotional postcards which were distributed to promote the new website and our new forestry businesses.
- Social media marketing was added using additional non-grant funds.
- Incorporated wood product producers into our annual Harvest Festival.
We’re working hard for our members to secure additional funds which will allow us to continue this work!