Thank you to everyone who made it to Open Farm Week! We are so glad that so many folks were able to get out and tour farms, attend workshops, enjoy local food and drinks, and celebrate the harvest season.
Smaller, more immersive experiences allowed for more engagement with participants, deeper connections, and more meaningful exchange between community members and farmers. Open Farm Week offered unique opportunities for hands-on workshops, local food meals and beverage tastings, and engagement with plants and animals in the locations where they are actually grown and produced.
Open Farm Week 2021 Successes
- -Over 1,000 people visited about 40 locations for 75+ events throughout the week
- -Local farms and agricultural businesses saw a notable increase in farmstand and farmstore sales
- -Participating businesses saw a notable increase in traffic to their websites, social media profiles and email newsletters
- -Adirondack Harvest promotions reached over 1 million people
- -Free events provided educational opportunities for all families and community members
A special thanks to all of the farmers, small business owners, and community partners that generously shared their space, knowledge, and vision with us during Open Farm Week. We are so grateful for all that you do.
Photos from the 2021 Adirondack Harvest Festival Open Farm Week
(If you have photos you’d like to add to the gallery, please send them to Mary at email@example.com)