- This event has passed.
2019 Adirondack Harvest Festival
September 21, 2019 @ 12:00 pm - 6:00 pm
This year’s festival once again includes a huge farmers’ market drawing together farmers from across the Champlain Valley to showcase their harvest bounty; agricultural demonstrations; live music; breweries; antique tractor display; horse show; food trucks; a mid afternoon forum about local brewing and more! Free admission! Details coming soon. For more info visit www.adkharvestfest.com or email Carly Summers at firstname.lastname@example.org or Laurie Davis at email@example.com.
Two days of farms, food & lots of fun!
Friday, September 20, 6:00 pm
Adirondack Harvest LONG TABLE DINNER at Floral Hall on the Essex County Fairgrounds. Hosted by DaCy Meadow Farm and featuring Paul Smith’s College Chef Kevin McCarthy and his students, guests will enjoy a five course meal using local ingredients sourced from area farms. $80/person. To RSVP, email DaCy Meadow Farm by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call them at 518-962-8339. DaCy Meadow is generously donating 15% of the proceeds back to Adirondack Harvest.
Long Table Dinner Menu:
~Watermelon gazpacho with pickled vegetables, goat feta and mint
~Chilled ADK noodle bundle, salad of soft herbs and romesco sauce
~Roasted chicken breast, braised chicken leg and fall squash ragout, cider-rosemary emulsion
~Grilled loin of beef with charred ratatouille and chimichurri sauce
~Caramel poached pear with apple purée and maple cream
Saturday, September 21
10:00 am: HARVEST FEST HIKE with Champlain Area Trails (CATS) (1 1/2 to 2 hours). Begins and ends at the Essex County Fairgrounds. Meet at the Fairground’s main entrance and hike Viall’s Crossing Trail (5 miles). $10/per person, kids under 18 free.
12:00 pm on: Celebrate the Champlain Valley Harvest!
- Shop the season’s best ever FARMERS’ MARKET with over 30 regional agricultural vendors displaying the valley’s harvest (12 to 4 pm)
- FOOD TRUCKS: Tasty snacks made with local ingredients: Papa Duke’s BBQ; Lomelis Mexican Food; Full Cord Pizza; Farmers Cone Creamery
- MUSIC: Ploughman’s Lunch; William Lee Ellis & Steve Feinbloom duo; DJ Sam
- BREWERS & VINTNERS: Ausable Brewing Co.; Livingood’s Brewery; Hid-In-Pines Vineyard
- TALKS: Conservation & Farming with Holly Rippon-Butler of the Young Farmers’ Coalition; Beekeeping with Tim McGarry of Boquet Valley Farm; Pollinators with Brittany Christenson of ADK Action; and Local Brewing Forum with Matt Brankman of Ledge Hill Brewing Co. and Matt Ray of Livingood’s Restaurant and Brewery
- DEMONSTRATIONS: Flax Processing & Spinning with Mary Heald of Sylvanbrook Spinnery; Cider Pressing with Jori Wekin of Hub on the Hill; and Draft Horse Logging with Chad Vogel at Reber Rock Farm Lumber and Flooring
- ACTIVITIES: Draft Horse Brushing; Draft Horse Wagon Rides
- WORKSHOPS (small fee, includes take-home items): Herbal Tea Blending with Christine O’Loughlin of Heron’s Hollow; and Shiitake Log Cultivation with Carly Summers of CCE Essex
- CONTESTS (Prizes included!) Container Gardening Contest with Essex County Master Gardener Volunteers; Straw Bale Toss Contest; Hula Hoop Contest (bring your own hula hoop!)
- KIDS’ ACTIVITIES (small fee for some): Pony Rides, Face Painting; Goat Petting; Beet Print Making & Art Show; Mr. ‘Bagahead; Seed Collages; Sack Races and other contests.
- ANTIQUE TRACTOR DISPLAY
- INDUSTRIAL HEMP EQUIPMENT AND PRODUCT DISPLAY with Bessette Family Farms
Music & beer tent continue to 6:00 pm
2019 Festival MapAH Fest map and schedule.3
Adirondack Cuisine Trail Network
Adirondack Land Trust
Adirondack Llama Treks and Textiles
Asgaard Farm & Dairy
Ausable Brewing Co.
Bert’s Jams & Jellies
Bessette Family Farms
Boquet Valley Farm & Apiaries
Brandy Brook Maple Farm
CCE Master Gardener Volunteers
Champlain Area Trails (CATS)
Circle C Farm
Coon Mountain Maple
Cornell Cooperative Extension
Country Dreams Farm
Crown Point Bread Company
Crown Point Farm & Dairy
Decker’s Flats Greenhouse
DaCy Meadow Farm
Essex County 4-H
Essex County Public Health
Essex County Soil & Water
Essex Farm Institute/Adk Council
Farmers Cone Creamery
Full Cord Pizza
The Hub on the Hill
Juniper Hill Farm
King’s Garden at Fort Ti
Lake Champlain Basin Program
Ledge Hill Brewing
Little Hills Farm
Lomeli’s Mexican Food
Mossbrook Roots Flower Farm
Murray’s Fools Distilling Co.
National Young Farmers’ Coalition
Old Mountain Coffee Co.
Papa Duke’s BBQParker Family Maple Farm
Reber Rock Farm
Saranac Mountain Hearth
Seed to Table
Spring Hill Farm
Triple Green Jade Farm
The Whallonsburg Grange
Wild Work Farm
William Lee Ellis & Steve Feinbloom
Willow Wood Farm
Windmill Point Country Store
The 2019 event would not be possible without the support of our generous sponsors: